Give Yourself Credit
Tillamook SBDC is pleased to offer it’s Credit Builder Program to the Oregon SBDC Network as a new statewide service.
All direct Credit Builder Program inquiries made by new potential clients will be forwarded to the SBDC closest to their location.
Your SBDC makes the referrals, and you will only be billed for consultations resulting from your referrals.
Countless hours are invested in SBDC clients, assisting them with constructing business plans, cash flow projections, and the like. After all this effort, the client may be rejected for financing because of their credit. This often places the entire project on hold until the matter can be resolved. Most financial institutions do not have the time, nor interest in working with these clients on this issue. Historically SBDC’s have not had the expertise to offer much meaningful assistance in this area. Clients are left to their own devices, and in many cases, the projects fail.
- Tillamook SBDC will retrieve complete “soft pull” credit reports from TransUnion three times per year per client (initial, four months, 12 months) including actual FICO scores.
- No credit reports will be pulled without a signed Consent for Credit Report Advisory Services form, on file at the Tillamook Center.
- Reports will be reviewed with the client by our trained staff and recommendations offered for paths to the fastest improvement.
- Followups will provide opportunities to gauge progress and update strategies when appropriate.
- A “follow on” will be added to each client record as a means for Centers to track sessions.*
- The cost per client is $100 for the year, with the possibility of sponsorships from the Oregon Small Busines Development Center Network.
- Credit reports are available to clients via PDF in an email, or via USPS within three business days of any credit pull.
*Confidential credit information will not be contained in Center IC comments.
- Notify Tillamook SBDC of your client referral by emailing a completed Credit Builder Program referral form.
- Tillamook SBDC will arrange the method, location, date and time of meeting with the client.
- Centers making referrals will be billed monthly. Invoices will include client and advisor names, date of consultation and total amount due.
- Make checks payable to TBCC, attention SBDC. Credit card payments are also possible.
Tillamook Bay Community College Small Business Development Center
4301 Third Street
Tillamook, OR 97141